The Ontario Poetry Society Presents
David C. Brydges, Poet Emissary
David C. Brydges is a poet/pioneer, community activist for creativity, and literary legacy builder.
His vision is to bring the world more poets, poetry, and poetry adventures.
While living in the wilds of his imagination, David is a passionate pollinator for poetry and eternal
autodidact whose motto is "Doctora Ignorantia." His favourite poetry quote is by a 17th-century German
poet named Friedrich Hölderlin. "Although we have to make a living, we dwell poetically on this earth."
• Creator of Canada's most historic community poetry park, the Dr. Pollard Poetry Park
• Project Coordinator for the new Dr. Drummond Memorial Park in Cobalt
• Founder of Northern Ontario's only annual poetry/arts festival (Spring Pulse Poetry Festival)
• Administrator of PoeARTry North, a pioneering painting /poetry competition
• Artistic director of the first PoeTrain Tour from Toronto to Cobalt Ontario
• Chief Creative Engineer for the Great Canadian PoeTrain Tour
• Wild West Poetry Festival Tour organizer (including Jasper Alberta's first 3-day poetry festival)
• Administrator of the oldest non-governmental national poetry contest Dr. Drummond Poetry Contest
• A 12-year Poetry Pulse columnist in a bi-monthly local newspaper, The Voice
• Chief Energizing Officer and Owner of Brydge Builder Press
• Poetry as a Tool for Wellness Facilitator from the Institute for Poetic Medicine
• Seniors Without Walls seasonal teleconference poetry readings coordinator
• Seniors Without Walls Haiku workshop leader