Ted Plantos Dedication
Wolff, in her previous life, enjoyed a career teaching English
as a Second Language at York University in Toronto and at the Hebrew
University in Jerusalem. Currently, she divides her time between writing,
editing, and facilitating therapeutic art classes and workshops. In
Elana became editor of the Guernica First Poets Series and to date
edited six books of poetry by emerging writers. Elana is interested
healing properties of the arts, particularly in the nexus of writing
painting for fostering personal and interpersonal renewal.
- Honorary Life Member of The Ontario Poetry Society, 2007
- The Long Dash Group, 2002-present
- The Writers' Union of Canada, 2001-present
- The League of Canadian Poets, 2001-present
- The Ontario Poetry Society, 2000-present
- Winner, 2008 F.G. Bressani Prize for Poetry, You
Speak to Me in Trees.
- Finalist, 2007 Acorn-Plantos Award for People's Poetry,
You Speak to Me in Trees.
- Finalist, 2006 CBC Literary Awards Competition, "Waterwheel:
A Sequence of Seventeen Poems."
- 2004 City of Toronto Citation for monthly articles
on poems in Surface&Symbol,
publication of the Scarborough Arts Council.
- Finalist, 2004 The Pagitica Poetry Prize, "The
- Finalist, 2004 CBC Literary Awards Competition,"Sanibel:
A Sequence of Twenty-four Poems."
- Second Prize, 2004 Ontario Poetry Society Second Time Around
Poetry Contest, "Hogheads."
- Third Prize, 2004 Toronto Poetry Competition,"Sidewise."
- Winner, 2004 Lichen Tracking a Serial Poet Contest,"Ketchikan,"
"Holyhead," "Edom From Eilat."
- Honourable Mention, 2004 Ray Burrell Award, "Beginning
- Third Prize, 2003 Queen Street Quarterly Annual Contest,"Lingonberry."
- First Prize, 2002 Scarborough Arts Council Poetry Contest,"Barberry."
- Second Prize, 2002 Federation of Ontario Naturalists Nature
Poetry Contest, "Ontario Tableaus."
- Third Prize, 2001 Writers Undercover,"Sick
- First Prize, 2001 Qwerty Key Contest,"Skip
- Third Prize, 2001 Lapointe Prize,"Decorous."
- Winner, 2000 Inaugural Litwit Review Contest,"Rain."
- Third Prize, 2000 Orion Poetry Contest,"Redhead."
- Second Prize, 1998 Acorn-Rukeyser Festival Poetry Contest
- Helleborus & Alchémille Éditions du Noroît,
2013, 101 pp. ISBN 978-2-89018-821-1 - [ Read
Review by Jacqueline Borowick ]
Night, Guernica, 2011, 75 pp. $15.00 ISBN 978-1-55071-348-0
- [ read
review by John B. Lee ]
- Implicate Me: Short Essays on Reading Contemporary Poems
Dancing: Creativity and Illness (Duologue and Rengas) with Malca
Litovitz. Toronto: Guernica Editions, 2008.
- You Speak to Me in Trees. Toronto: Guernica Editions, 2006.
- Mask. Toronto: Guernica Editions, 2003.
- Birdheart. Toronto: Guernica Editions, 2001.
> Go to Guernica
Author's page for reviews, interviews, blogs: http://www.guernicaeditions.com/author.php?id=233
clip of Elana's Poem Alembic from Startled Night
that appears in the current issue of Vallum -
- Elana Wolff
- email Elana